Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A new year, new adventures.

I've been meaning to update my blog for a while, but, alas, life gets busy!

It is now halfway through January. We're well into the first month of 2012, and I couldn't be more excited for what this year has to offer. At the start of every new year, I can't help but wonder where life will take me, and I honestly never cease to be amazed and surprised.

2011 was truly one of the craziest years of my life so far. At the start of it I had no idea I would end up changing my profession, applying to school, lose my job in Korea, go home empty-handed, enjoy life in Port Perry for the summer, take a crazy road trip out east with friends, move to Oakville, and have some incredible new people enter my life. All those twists and turns I went through in 2011 brought me right to where I am right now, at the start of a new year. It's pretty cool to look back and see just what God was doing through everything. And I can't help but be extremely thankful for his hand in my life.



I honestly don't know what to expect from this new year. And that's a little scary. That's also very exciting. I will yet again be graduating, yet again be moving on to something new, and yet again be trusting that God will bring me to where I need to be at this time in my life. It might not be overseas this time, but it will definitely be something just as exciting. I'm excited to see best friends get married, family grow closer, loved ones realize their dreams, and relationships grow.

2012 is going to be a good year.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you're back here so we can spend some of it together!

Ruth said...

I enjoyed reading your blog again.